Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Putting together the pieces of life one day at a time.

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blain's Nursery

After worrying that we just could not possibly get this baby's nursery finished before his arrival, we now have a complete and beautiful nursery. It is a GREAT accomplishment that took all 4 of our parents and Phillip. Phillip and his dad transformed the room from a yellow-painted guest bedroom to a sky blue and white beadboard nursery. They worked very hard and eventually the construction zone was Blain's room. They finished the construction work and painting on Saturday morning. Later that day my mom and dad came to our house. My dad helped Phillip assemble the adorable crib and dresser/changing table. The shelf you see was in my room growing up. This shelf was built by my great-grandfather, redone by my dad for my room, and painted and spruced up recently by my dad for Blain. My mom put all of the goodies in the room, as I pointed (and helped as much as I could). Sunday, Phillip's mom and dad returned to put up the curtains. Phillip's mom is a window treatment pro! She did a great job monitoring and instructing Phillip and his dad on the curtains. All-in-all we finished on Sunday...with the help of our loving parents. We are so thrilled about his little room. It is by far the BEST room in the house. As expected, Phillip and I peak in his room first thing in the morning and last thing at night. We still have some things to hang on the wall, but we will get to them when we can. Enjoy the pics!! By the way, I know... I'm HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

NICK, ANGIE, SAM, AND DREW said...

WOW!!! It looks perfect! That was a lot of hard work. Phillip looks so cute and proud putting the crib together. I can't wait to meet Blain. :)

Courtney said...

what a sweet room! not too much longer until you meet this awesome little guy:)

Anonymous said...

I found that I was able to buy good Baby Crib Changing Table for a great price at the spacify.com. It was less costly than elsewhere.

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Hi, I work with your mom and she was telling me about your blog. Your mom is so sweet! She tells me all about you and the baby. The nursery is so cute! I just wanted to say hello and good luck! I can't wait to see the pictures when the baby gets here, I am sure your mom will bring lots to work!

Amber Poynor said...

Hi Sarah!! I am so glad that you visited my blog. I must admit, my mom is SO SWEET!! She called me today and spoke very highly of you, as well. I am glad to know that she has such wonderful people to work with. She is very excited about Blain, and I am sure you will see pictures at work. I saw that you have a blog, too. It's a wonderful way to keep people in the know. Thank you for posting such a sweet comment. I will probably meet you after the baby comes (Mom will want a visit at school). Keep in touch... Amber

Pregnancy Countdown Ticker


Interested in pregnancy? Read about pregnancy symptoms
and find baby names. Interested in parenting tips?
Upload baby photos and learn about breastfeeding.

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping
Aww! Aren't they cute? People Drive by just to see them!