Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Putting together the pieces of life one day at a time.

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Monday, February 2, 2009

Childbirth Class

We took our childbirth classes on Friday night and Saturday. I must say that I already knew a lot of what they taught us. Watching "Birth Day" and "A Baby Story" all day for 4 months can really be educational!! However, I was a little shocked by the constant reminder that childbirth HURTS!!!!!!! As a woman, I was raised knowing that giving birth to a child was a painful experience. Why was it that this instructor felt like she needed to scare all of the poor pregnant mommies in the class? The entire way home Friday night, Phillip was reassuring me that I can do this. I will live through the pains and humiliations that come along with bringing a beautiful life into the world. Don't get me wrong...you all know that I would do anything to bring my beautiful baby Blain into the world. I just felt a little overwhelmed with the gory details. We did learn some useful information, and I feel like we are both more prepared. It was quiet funny to see Phillip's reaction to many of the topics and activities. We were probably the least engaged couple in the class. My favorite one-liner from Phillip was: "No kitchen utensils will be used in our room!!!" The lady had a rolling pen for massaging the mommy. Overall, it was a fun experience to share with Phillip. We will have many laughs over that class. :) Love from our family...AMBER

1 comment:

NICK, ANGIE, SAM, AND DREW said...

I have started to think forward to what the deliver will be like. We will both make it through...but it is a little overwhelming to think about all the details!

Pregnancy Countdown Ticker


Interested in pregnancy? Read about pregnancy symptoms
and find baby names. Interested in parenting tips?
Upload baby photos and learn about breastfeeding.

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping
Aww! Aren't they cute? People Drive by just to see them!