Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Putting together the pieces of life one day at a time.

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Injection

After a loooonngg night of little sleep, 7:30am finally arrived. What is 7:30 am, you ask? Lupron injection time. That is the time I will do an injection of Lupron every morning until June 11th (when we meet with our dr. to learn how to do the intramuscular injections...yuck). I got out of bed, and it was the moment of truth. Phillip read the directions step-by-step. What a great husband I have been blessed with. Then 1-2-3 (we counted) and the needle was in. I DID IT!!! Watch out Gray's Anatomy, a new dr. is in town. Heehee :) I was sooo proud and nervous. My hands were shaking...I think from the anticipation. First words out of my mouth: "that didn't hurt at all." That's right, I didn't feel a thing physically. Mentally, I felt like we were beginning a very EXCITING journey. Thank you for all of your love and prayers. I received many replies to my email and they were all filled with love and support. Baby blessings...

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so proud of you, Amber! And Phillip, too! It is an exciting journey, any way you get to be a parent.
You will be a pro before the summer is over, Dr. Poynor!

(btw, G keeps asking to call you! hee hee!)

Rachel said...

Go Amber! I miss you girl...you...me..dinner..soon!

Amber Poynor said...

I love the comments girls. My ladies are so encouraging. Love you!!!!

Pregnancy Countdown Ticker


Interested in pregnancy? Read about pregnancy symptoms
and find baby names. Interested in parenting tips?
Upload baby photos and learn about breastfeeding.

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping
Aww! Aren't they cute? People Drive by just to see them!