Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Putting together the pieces of life one day at a time.

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

God is good! He continues to bless us with each dr.'s visit. My nurse called last night and said: "no more Lupron or Repronex injections." I was elated. This meant that my egg retrieval would be TOMORROW!!!!! She said that everything looks perfect and we are ready for our trigger shot ( this tells my ovaries to release the eggs in 40 hours). We are so excited. I could barely write her instructions, because my hand was shaking. We did our trigger shot last night at precisely 9 pm. The doctor goes in exactly 36 hours after the trigger shot to retrieve an egg from each follicle (29 in my case). He said that he would probably get 20 eggs from me. Not all of them will fertilize. Anyway...at 9 am tomorrow morning, Dr. Vasqueze will do my egg retrieval. Not long after that, the eggs will be fertilized and Phillip and I will have teeny-tiny embryos. I pray that God breathes the breath of life into those little guys. I told Phillip this morning...tomorrow the decision will be made of what color hair and eyes our children will have. So amazing. We truly are living a miracle. Your prayers are appreciated and WORKING. We love all of you and could not do this alone.


I want to give a special thanks to two amazing families. The Giles family and the Bryan family. Forrest and Gracie were students in my classroom this past year. Their families each gave me a care package this week. I got lots of goodies to keep me busy and make me feel loved during my bed rest (June 30th - July 4th). Thank you Gracie and Forrest (and parents). I love all of you dearly.

2 comments:

Sandy C. said...

I am soooooooooo excited for you and Phillip! I'm sorry we missed out on seeing each other before the move. I know the emails and messages were mixed in with busy times for us both. I am so happy you have the site so I can keep up with the miracle in progress! Love you bunches!

Amy said...

AAWWWWW.....Amber you are so precious! I see on your sidebar that people visiting my blog pop over to yours too! I have had emails from people saying they don't know you, but are very excited for you.
You made a cool point about the eye color/hair color being decided tomorrow. Technology is so amazing....but of course Our Lord is the most amazing of all!!!
We hope you enjoy your care package and thanks for the sweet note to Forrest and G....she was grinning really big when she was read what you posted. She said "aw! Is that little dog a "mug"?" (instead of pug).
Babies.....gotta love 'em!
Big, major, gargantuan prayers going up tomorrow....and always!

Pregnancy Countdown Ticker


Interested in pregnancy? Read about pregnancy symptoms
and find baby names. Interested in parenting tips?
Upload baby photos and learn about breastfeeding.

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping
Aww! Aren't they cute? People Drive by just to see them!