Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Putting together the pieces of life one day at a time.

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Well, I must say that A LOT has happened in our fertility world this week. I had great plans of posting on Tuesday, but things did not go as planned.
We went for our visit on Tues. and were told that everything is still on track. However, Wednesday (yesterday) I would have to return to have a cyst aspirated on my ovary. I was so afraid that this might jeopardize our chances of success. I spent most of Tues. night praying and crying. My wonderful loving Mom spent the night and took me to the dr.'s office yesterday morning. After some Meprigan, Toroidal, and Valium...I couldn't feel a thing. The procedure took all of 8 minutes. Then I went home to sleep the day away (we are talking over 24 hrs.)
The IVF coordinator called this morning and said that the cyst would not interfere at all with our cycle, and we should continue with our cycle as scheduled. RELIEF!!!!! I felt very good today after having slept for 36 hours straight. Also, removing the cyst made my Estrogen levels drop (less hormonal is always better :).
We did get our cycle map on Tues. It goes as follows:
June 12 (today) begin stimulation injections (these stimulate my ovaries to make ripe beautiful eggs) Phillip gives these to me
June 25 : Egg Retrieval day (The dr. will go in and take the eggs from their follicles ... this is also the day that my eggs will be fertilized)
June 28-30 : On one of these days, we will have 2 or 3 embryos transferred to ME!! :) The rest will be frozen for later use
****July 9 **** Pregnancy Test Day!!
Phillip gave me my first stimulation injection tonight at 10 pm. The injections have to be the same time every night. He was a pro!!! I did not feel ANYTHING! I am so proud of him. I can't think of anything that would bring us closer than this experience. Both of us have been put into awkward, nervous, and vulnerable positions. One thing is for sure...God is guiding us. I know he had Phillip's hand tonight. Please continue the prayers. We love you all...

2 comments:

Amy said...

We are so excited about your journey....
Gracie keeps saying (out of the blue, too!): Mrs. Poynor is going to have a baby girl!

:)

We are working on your care package for your week of "rest" coming up.

Amber Poynor said...

You are so sweet and loving. I enjoy reading your comments daily. Love you and Gracie girl!

Pregnancy Countdown Ticker


Interested in pregnancy? Read about pregnancy symptoms
and find baby names. Interested in parenting tips?
Upload baby photos and learn about breastfeeding.

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping

Bonnie (on bottom) and Penny...Sleeping
Aww! Aren't they cute? People Drive by just to see them!